I'm Darius Murphy an innocent man that has been in state prison in New Jersey for over 21 years. I was convicted of felony murder based on statements and testimony of V.P., a codefendant. V.P. later recanted when he found out that he was factually incorrect in his identification of me. He even named the actual co-conspirator when he testified at post-trial.
1) There was no physical evidence.
2) Surviving witness identified someone else the day of the incident. (Sept.1995).
3) 5 months later (Jan.1996) an uncertain identification was made by the witness. The actual statement and testimony was quote, "Looks like him but I'm not sure."
4) K.H. was prevented from pleading guilty because his version of evidence did not include me it was rejected. He was forced to trial.
5) 2 post-conviction hearings were held.
There's more to this case, all of which support my
innocence. I am determined to be vendicated.
All help is appreciated.
Darius Murphy # 287800/859030B
East Jersey State Prison
Lock Bag R
Rahway, NJ 07065 USA
Women, Men, Friends, Donations, Legal Help
Ad Start: 02-23-17